Fall is just around the corner and while many of us tend to think of cooler temperatures, changing leaves, football games, and all things pumpkin spice, local pests are focused on one thing – finding their home for winter. How do you prevent your home from becoming theirs? Here are a few fall pest control tips that you can do yourself:
1. Keep your counters clean: Before you head to bed at night, clean off any leftover crumbs from your countertops in your kitchen. Pests are in search of food and shelter and your kitchen may be an area that will attract them.
2. Close your garbage can: Another source of food for pests is your garbage. Keep the garbage inside your home in a heavy-duty bag that can be contained and when you throw it in your outside trash, make sure that it is sealed so that it does not attract pests and other wild animals.
3. Seal any openings that you see: While the temperatures are still warm, look around the outside of your home paying special attention to any small holes or cracks that you see. These openings are the perfect way for insects and other pests to enter your home. Spending a little time now sealing these small spots can prevent an infestation in the months to come.
4. Keep your home dry: Many insects and pests are drawn to moisture and this moisture is often found in your garage, basement, attic or your crawl space. Keeping those areas dry can help deter insects from coming. You can use a humidifier in those areas you are concerned about to help protect your home.
5. Consider pest control services: If you see a few insects inside your home, you should not assume that you have a huge problem, but it might be a good idea to contact a pest control service to help make that determination.
Minnesota Pest Control Services
Eco Tech is a local pest control company serving the Twin Cities area that can help protect your home from pests. We believe that prevention is a key to this and are happy to help you. We offer organic and traditional pest control solutions that target the insects and will keep your family safe. We can help with all types of pests including ants, roaches, spiders, beetles, wasps, bees and anything else that you see crawling around your home. For more information, call us at (763) 785-1414.