Insects love moisture and standing water around your home, and most often, pest infestations are due to the presence of water. Pest invasions can be a serious problem. Water damage to your home, especially to foundations, drywall, and framing, or the presence of mildew and mold are all invitations for pests to thrive inside the perimeters of your home. All living things need water, and pests are no exception. Some pests can be difficult to find, and some are more likely than others to live near human homes if they have access to water. Some of the main problem pests are:
● Cockroaches: These tiny, disease-carrying insects are not to be allowed in your home. They are very adaptable and sneaky. They will move into dark and damp places. It shouldn’t be your home!
● Termites: Water already causes enough damage to your wood framing, but termites can find moisture in wood and start colonies that are difficult to control.
● Carpenter ants: People often mistake these ants for termites because they both attack wood and prefer soft wood. However, there are some differences. Termites eat wood while carpenter bugs just remove the boards from their “galleries.”
● Spiders and mice: As if these insect infestations weren’t enough, rats are known to move to areas where water is available. Crawl spaces are common, as are clogged gutters.
Signs Of Possible Pest Infestation
You might wonder how to check for signs of an infestation in your home. There are many signs that indicate infestation:
● Dead pests: If you’ve recently discovered a leak, make sure to check the crawl space/basement for any dead pests. If you find several of the same species, it could indicate that there is a colony of this pest or bug living on or near your property.
● Shredded material for nests: Mice, rats, and other vermin can build nests out of the materials they find. Look out for any shredded fabric or paper in areas where pests might hide, such as behind appliances, inside cabinets, and under cupboards.
● Fabric damage: Carpet beetles, as well as garment moths, are attracted to natural fabrics like leather book bindings and upholstery. However, woolen carpets are most damaged by fabric pests. If your home is being attacked, woolen textiles you regularly dry clean could be affected by these pests. In a similar fashion to caterpillar-eating leaves, the damage looks like holes with irregular shapes.
Organic Pest Control Solutions In The Twin Cities-Metro Area
EcoTech offers safe, effective, and organic pest control solutions that are deemed safe for your family and pets yet effective in treating infestations of all kinds. Our certified expert pest control techs are ready to help defend your home or business against a roach infestation. We can help identify the issue, seal off entry points, and ensure that pests do not continue to come in. Call us at (763) 232-7296 or fill out the online contact form for immediate service. 24/7 emergency services are available.