Warmer temperatures are beginning to arrive, trees and flowers are beginning to bloom, and pollen will be here before we know it. There are many amazing things that come with spring in Minnesota but there are also some not so nice things. Insects also become active in Minnesota in the spring and that means that they often end up entering our homes unannounced and uninvited. EcoTech specializes in spring pest control services that can stop this problem before it starts! Here are some tips from our team for keeping insects of your home this spring:
1. Do not leave food or crumbs on your countertops: Insects are attracted to food, just as you might expect. So, keeping the food in your kitchen off of cabinets and keeping crumbs cleaned off of counters and the floor can go a long way in keeping insects away.
2. Repair any screens and windows around your home where you see obvious cracks: If you are able to repair vulnerable areas around your home (around doors and windows especially), then you will be able to limit the insects’ ability to invade your home.
3. Clean and Declutter: Sweep hard floors, vacuum your carpets at least once a week, take out your trash regularly and clean your sinks and shower/tub drains to prevent insects that get inside from reproducing.
4. Eliminate Water Sources: Not only are insects attracted to food, but they also seek water in order to stay alive. Make sure that you do not have any pools of water in your kitchen and bathroom(s) that may attract pests.
5. Consider partnering with a pest control service: Annual maintenance from a trusted and experienced local pest control service can ensure that any pests that get inside your home are eliminated quickly.
Residential Pest Control Services in Minnesota
EcoTech is a Minnesota pest control company that has extensive experience with the types of insects that tend to impact homeowners in our area. We have many options when it comes to pest control solutions, including natural and organic solutions that are completely safe for you, your family, your pets and the environment. We offer traditional methods as well if you prefer. We do not require contracts, and we offer affordable pricing and 24/7 service to our customers. We understand that having pests in your home can be stressful, so we will work hard to complete the job quickly with minimal disruption. For more information about how our pest control services can work for your home this spring, call us at one of the following numbers: (763) 785-1414 • (612) 237-8282 • (952) 881-6662 • (651) 260-7378.