St Paul and Minneapolis Pest Control | Cockroaches MN
- Cockroaches have been around since the time of dinosaurs
- A cockroach can live almost a month without food
- A cockroach can live about two weeks without water
- Some female cockroaches only mate once and stay pregnant for life
- A cockroach can live for up to one week without its head
- Cockroaches can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes
- Cockroaches can run up to 3 miles an hour
There is an assortment of do-it- yourself formulas for killing cockroaches. Follow these steps to serve these pests an eviction notice and keep them from coming back.
Make “Road Food”
- One part powdered (not granular) boric acid (sold as a roach-killing powder, but often available in pharmacies)
- One part white flour
- One part granulated white sugar
The sugar baits it, the flour makes it stick, and the boric acid kills them. Place in the backs of drawers and cabinets, stoves, under fridge, etc.
Buy “Road Food”
- Get professional grade pesticides. Don’t go to the local home improvement store, all that stuff is weak. Search the web for it and get something with Cypermerthin.
- If you buy an exterior bug spray, it will work inside much better. To spray it, put it in a spray bottle and spray the solution in the kitchen cabinets clockwise while holding your breath. Spray quickly and run out and leave the windows closed all day.
If these do-it-yourself remedies don’t work or you’re not a do-it-yourself kinda person give you Minnesota Pest Control a call.